Hebrews 13: 8

Hebrews 13: 8 " Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever. "

27 May 2011

Letting Go

I have been pondering something that happened at the ladies Prison Ministry for a few days now. I know that from my own experience, we as humans are the single biggest stumbling blocks in our own growth and relationship with the LORD.

We have every right to combat the enemy and take authority over his plans against us but more times that I can remember, real breakthrough has happened when I have spent some quality time looking in the mirror and asking the LORD to show me the truth about myself. Sometimes these realisations are painful and hard to hand over to Him; but dying to self makes space for living in the LORD Jesus Christ.

We had a stunning service on Tuesday, which started with praise and worship that was so alive with passion and a yearning to be touched by the LORD that our emotions were deeply touched and softened.

There was a particular girl who was right at the beginning of the queue to receive Jesus ... she repented, she prayed and she begged for mercy. She said that some peace came upon her but that she did not feel His Living Water flowing inside her.

As I moved onto others for the same prayer, they were being deeply touched by the Holy Spirit and you could see their hearts of stone being transformed into hearts of flesh. I literally see their faces change and the hurt and hardness drop away leaving eyes of love and wonder. They know that Jesus died for them and that His Holy Spirit has filled them.

I always confirm if people have received a touch from the LORD that is real and tangible; something that they will be able to draw on for the rest of their lives ... have they physically felt Him take their burden and do they have an inexplicable joy that is new and yet feels almost familiar, like this is what they have been missing all along ... born of the Spirit at last !

The girl I mentioned above stepped forward and said “No, I still feel nothing like those around me are feeling”.

We spoke and prayed some more and she eventually said “Jesus and I have a journey to travel and I still need to be a better person before He accepts me”.

The prayer that I led her through was something like this:

LORD Jesus Forgive me for thinking that I need to be perfect before You will accept me; Forgive me for not understanding the depth of Your love for me; Thank You that on the cross where You died for me, you took all my sin upon Yourself; Past, present and future sins of mine ... I cannot do anything to earn that which is freely given. I know that I am a sinner and that without You I will go to hell. Accept me and the offering I give of my life, broken before you ... Fill me and transform me for eternity. AMEN

The Holy Spirit poured into her in a massive way. She had removed the lie that was standing between her and Jesus through the realisation that she will never be perfect.

Matthew 11: 28-30

“ Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Only Jesus is perfect. That is why he is our Saviour.

CHRIS

Christian Mission News from around the World :